Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
- Major in Biology or Chemistry
- Very high enthusiasm and an equally strong resolve in pursuing a research doctorate.
- Science GPA of 3.0
- Maintain full time student status throughout each semester.
- Prior experience in undergraduate research at one of UPR laboratories doing biomedical research for at least 1 semester.
- Spend sufficient time in the laboratory to make adequate research progress (at least 15 hrs./week during semester and 37.5 hrs./week summer) in order to develop a full project.
- Only UPR, Río Piedras Campus research mentors.
- Present results at one scientific conference per year.
- Undergraduate (sophomore and junior year) will apply to at least three summer internship in the US and participate in at least one outside research summer experience.
- Prepare for Graduate (PhD) program admission by preparing for and taking the GRE.
- No crossover between MARC and RISE accepted students.
- Student progress will be evaluated each semester by the steering committee in order to assure research and academic progress.
Graduate Admission Requirements:
- Biology or Chemistry Major
- Have demonstrated a high degree of excellence in academics and research
- Be a full time student
- GPA 3.00
- Biomedical research project
- Only UPR, Río Piedras Campus research mentors
- Present results in scientific conferences
- Pursuing a Posdoctoral Position
Undergraduate Application (Download Word Format)
Graduate Application (Download Word Format)